Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

"In the Biz"

Why am I starting a blog? Good question.

Over the past 10 years, I have gained some experience working with children. I have been working for most of that time in a high quality private preschool. I have taught infant classrooms all the way up to after school programs. I have been the assistant director in charge of curriculum. I currently teach the Private Kindergarten program. I have also taught in not so high quality childcare facilities and taught second grade in the public sector. All that to say, when I had my own two kiddos, I felt like I had a "leg up" so to speak than a lot of other moms I knew. At least, I knew more inane songs to sing in the car to keep my hungry 18 month old happy while stuck in traffic. I knew that breast milk was never to be heated in a microwave. I knew what "tummy time" was and at what age I could expect my child to understand (if not obey) the words "Don't touch."

This is not a blog about how to raise your children to be upstanding citizens, the next president of the United States, or readers at the age of three. It may however, help you keep your kids be a little safer, be a little more ready for kindergarten, or perhaps most importantly, help you keep your sanity on the fifth rainy day in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment